As
I have already mentioned on previous blog that study is serious matter for me.
I have brought many changes on academic development on me till this date being an
Islington Student. It is said that learning in the life never completes. I also
believe this, since I am learning and achieving something with the every transit
of time.
As
the matter of fact the more deep we go the more tough we experience. This what
I am experiencing now, since we have already completed week 10 and we are on
the end of the first semester there are some tough experiences and the same
time the developments in the course of study as well.
In
the module Logic, we studied about the relations, matrix representation, equivalence
relation, equivalence class, function and its composition and about special
function. All these lessons were feeling some ward tough than that of previous
one. Although I tried to coup up with these chapters since our last exam
weighing 25% of the module was nearing. I had to work hard on these chapters
related to the past one, but any how after the completion of week 11 we had the
test. I was thinking that the questions would be much tough but when I appeared
the question paper was not as tough as I was thinking and I did the best than what
I had expected.
Another
module Introduction to programming, we studied about Multi-dimensional arrays, Reading files, ArrayList,
Iterators, Class diagram and discussed about our final coursework. From these
topics, I have learned to design a better program than of before like writing
arrays containing other arrays from multi dimensional arrays, making array
list, creating a class diagram before writing the code. I practiced a lot on
these topics as these were very important for my 70% coursework and time was
limited. Even though I faced with many errors and problems when we were
assigned with the coursework but also I seek helps from friends and ideas from
my tutor at last I got solved.
In the Problem Solving for IT, we
studied about creating spreadsheet, charts, macros, Database and its
management, Entity and attributes, Relationships, Primary and foreign keys, etc.
From topics I learned more about Excel spreadsheets though I was familiar with
it before and knew how to use ms access database and its purpose. Form this
module we had left a coursework weighing 70% of total marks which was about
Excel and Access. I had to be much sincere with this coursework to score a
better mark since the mark was poor in the test exam weighing 30% of total
marks. But when doing this coursework I didn’t have much problem as I have
practiced a lot but also there was a problem making a pie chart of grade in
excel and writing query in access but also I overcome through them seeking
ideas from my tutor and peers and able to submit before deadline.
Last and the most interesting module, Study
Skills for Computing, in this module we studied about the informations of skills
during presentation and effective report writing. Moreover, I was more focused
on making presentations and practicing its skills because it was going to be
new experience and never performed before. But when the time came I was too
much worried even though we had dumpy presentations. After the presentations, I
got lots of comments on my presentation and they mentioned satisfactory to our
group presentation. Now I have thought of improving it, being in a seminars and
conferences. And there left the last report to be submitted was personal
statement and PDP form on the 13th week.
Thus, the time after week 8 was
filled with a lot of coursework pressures, group presentations works and exams.
But also I had the great fun and Interesting time with lots of new experiences.
Finally, we are at the end of 1st semester and it’s a relief from
the course works.
No comments:
Post a Comment