Thursday, November 24, 2011

Achievements within five weeks

          As the world is being globalized day by day with new and sophisticated technologies in the fields of information my interest also get tilted to gain some knowledge and ideas about how computer functions and works in giving information, how the developers develop new software and many more. So after when I passed my +2 level I was wondering for the college where I can be satisfied with my interests, at the same time I got chance to visit the Islington College where  these kinds of educations about information and technologies were being imparted to the interested students. And I got to know that this college was directly affiliated to the London metropolitan University of UK. I thought it will be a good choice to select the courses running here within this college to satisfy my interests. Beside this, teaching learning methods were also very different from our context of Nepal. So I thought of joining the college and now I feel like the changes of achievements.
                        From the first day of college till this date, not much but obviously there are changes of some achievements in my career of B.Sc computing. There are 4 modules in this semester, which are mentioned as:
1.      Logic
2.      Introduction to Programming
3.      Problem Solving for IT
4.      Study Skills for Computing
Before joining the college I was totally unaware about these all modules, but now I have achieved some introductory knowledge and on the way to achieve even more.
In the module Logic, we had just study about Introduction to Logic, propositions and truth tables, Logical Equivalence, Boolean algebra, etc. While studying these topics I didn’t felt as difficult as I was thinking. I think I have gained knowledge more than I expected. From Introduction to Programming I developed the concepts of Java programming languages and confidence to solve simple errors seen while writing programs. I have some ideas to understand the problems and techniques of solving them in a systematic way by the methods of algorithm and the use of various charts like flow chart. And from the last module Study skills for Computing, I have learned about writing PDP by the concept of Gibbs’ model of reflection.
Thus, I think these small improvements will support me on getting the university education about computing.

No comments:

Post a Comment